“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” –Lucille Ball
It allows you to identify the cause of your tension so you can recommend a solution for it.
“DIAGNOSE before you PRESCRIBE” is as old as time its self.
It’s safe to assume that almost all enter adulthood afflicted with a certain negative bias. In general, as children, we’re able to accept ourselves only to the degree our parents accept us.
Research has demonstrated that before the age of eight. We lack the ability to plan a clear. Separate sense of self. Other than that which communicated to us by our caretakers.
So if our parents were unable. Or unwilling. To communicate the message that we were okay and acceptable. Independent, of our hard to control, sometimes sinful behaviors.
What Is Self- Acceptance?
Self-acceptance is accepting yourself how you are in the present. We tend to mistaken self-acceptance with self-improvement. We try to improve ourselves. Before we’ve accepted the reality of something about ourselves.
Why Self-Acceptance is Important?
If you screw up, so be it. Don’t let it define you. It’s an action you took, not an indicator of your self-worth.
8 Tips To Help You With Unconditional Self Acceptance
1. Realize Your Uniqueness
2. Don’t Compare Yourself To Other People.
3. Learn To Curb The Powers Of Your Inner Critic
4. Let Go Of Perfection.
Try your hardest and do the best you can. The results may not be perfect, but they’ll be better than if you didn’t try at all.
5. Celebrate Your Strong Qualities
6. Be Kind to Yourself
- Take care of your outer appearance. Making yourself up. Instead of letting yourself go. Is often enough to make you feel better.
- Help someone in need. When you’re there to assist someone else with their struggles. It can’t help but put a smile on your face knowing you did something good.
- Meditate for contentment and peace. Take the time to sit by yourself and clear your mind of all the negative so you can focus on the positive.