When was the last time you woke up to the annoying sound of an alarm clock? Check out this product review!
Philips wake-up light alarm clock can be helpful in ensuring you wake up in the best way possible. So you can be as productive from minute one.
Bill Fish, founder of sleep insight site Tuck tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “Startling yourself awake to the sounds from the alarm clock. Could be preventing you from feeling rested. Especially in the mornings, and can leave you feeling like you just got hit by a truck.”
Fish explains, “Since the beginning of time. Humans have awakened with the rise of the sun and would go to bed when it turns dark outside.” “Now, people are working at different times of the day.”
Sleep experts have long been promoting the benefits of wake-up lights. The devices work by gradually lighting up the room until a specified time. And then a pre-set, soothing sound gently wakes you up completely.
What is the Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock?
A wake-up light that gradually brightens a room for a select period. Usually, like 30 minutes before you want to awake. The devices come with soothing noises to wake you up, rather than the horrible sirens we’re all so used to.
There’s one brand that experts recommend the Philips Wake-Up Light.
Users can choose to relax and drift off to sleep with dimming sunset and sounds. The colored sunrise simulation alarm clock wakes you with a natural light lamp. And a speaker that plays a choice of 5 wake-up sounds. Or FM radio with a tap to snooze for a kinder, gentler way to wake up.
How Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock Works?
It’s pretty simple to program the wake-up light—you choose a time, and then the settings that fit your needs.
Philips’ is the #1 best-selling wake up light alarm clock. Only Philips wake- up lights are clinically proven to help you wake up feeling more refreshed.
According to Philips research, “90 percent of users say they wake up more naturally. Feeling more energized and in a better mood when using the tool.” Unlike the typical alarm clock, these wake-up lights rely heavily on human instinct. And the body’s pre-programmed sleep settings.
Bill Fish personally uses a Philips Wake-Up Alarm Clock. He says he feels much more awake in the early morning hours. He also says, there’s no long-term process to getting used to this alarm method. After day one, he had become accustomed to it.
“Even within the first hour of being awake it’s a lot easier,” he says. “You’re eager to get your day started.”
To fit your needs, there are 10 light settings to choose from. And the light isn’t just for waking up— you can use the dim settings to imitate a sunset, which can help you ease into sleep.
And yes, there is a snooze feature! Touch anywhere on the light after the alarm and you’ll get nine more minutes of sleep.
Additionally, using these wake-up lights can help you cut out bad habits. Like getting on your phone right before bed.
Fish says “One thing we preach against is charging your phone next to your bed. And the excuse a lot of people have is that they need their phone because it’s their alarm”.
A dedicated alarm in your room helps you to keep your phone out of your morning wake up regime.
What Customers Are Saying
More than 4,455 people reviewers are raving about this light alarm on Amazon, and the device has a 4 out of 5 stars.
- One reviewer said “I did a few weeks of research before deciding whether to buy this product. It is rather expensive for an “alarm clock” if you choose to look at it that way. However – for me, it’s much more than that. I struggle to wake up in the morning – especially in the winter months when the sun isn’t up yet when my alarm goes off. At first, I thought it was a placebo effect. But I went a couple of weeks without it because I let someone borrow it – and I could tell the difference when I woke up. I was a bit more groggy.”
- Another wrote: “This was an amazing find! I live in an “English Basement” which means there’s very little sunlight coming into my room. And this definitely helps me get up in the mornings. Being a natural night owl. This has helped me adjust to being able to naturally wake up in the mornings without the usual grog and fog. I Highly recommend for any of us that like to “bed late rise late.”
- “I will never use my iPhone as an alarm clock again,” says one enthusiastic review. “I sleep with the shades closed and usually wake up at 10 am. So this perfectly solves the problem. Of not being able to wake up to pleasing sunlight at an unnaturally late hour. The light is really powerful and works great as a reading lamp or just to get more light in the room during the day. The sound selection is awesome. And has a lot of different sounds for people with different tastes. Very easy to program. Would recommend to anybody who has ever lived.”
Of course, going to sleep at a decent hour is always a better choice. But if you are anything like me. You may need a little boost to get you going. The Philips wake-up light alarm clock is the product for you. Share thoughts on this review in the comment section below! Check out my latest review post here!
The reviews quoted above reflect the most recent versions at the time of publication.
Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock Review$119.95
- Easier to get up in the morning with colored sunrise simulation
- No replacement light bulb needed
- Cool to touch - Safe for children
- Simply plug and go - no assembly required
- FM radio and tap snooze function
- Sleek, modern design
- Cannot replace the lightbulb.
- No line in or sd card slot for your own music.
- The controls are not the best.